Dinner is being served, a lovely meal consisting of Chicken Winglets, Couscous and Steamed Vegetables. What an awesome and filling meal
- Cut chicken wings into 2 pieces, removing the wingtip.
- Use that for stock or soup.
- Add marinade of choice.
- I like sweet Thai chili, mayo, Nando sauce & salt.
- These were a tad too sweet but tasty all the same.
- Let it marinade preferably overnight else for at least 30 min.
- Add saucy wings to pot with a good drizzle of olive oil & cook till done.
- Stir frequently, l used high heat initially.
- Once done serve saucy winglets hot.
Steam a medley of seasonal veggies
- I love carrots with all things green (broccoli, green beans, baby marrow, mangetout).
- I used the microwave.
- Once done, add some seasoning & a dab of butter/margarine.
Couscous is the quick version
- Comes in packets of 5.
- Place a packet in salted boiling water for 2 min, or until couscous absorbed as much water as it can.
- Remove, squeeze out water, cut bag open & put in a bowl.
- Add some salt, butter, or margarine.
- Let it sit & enjoy as a starch.
- You can add veggies, meat, sauce at this point as a meal.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Zarina Halday