As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Delectable, and plenty left over for lunch at work tomorrow, and a sure crowd pleaser so try this Chicken with Mushrooms and Asparagus.
- Vegetable oil, just enough to cover the bottom of the pan
- ±800g thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1 very thinly sliced onion
- ± 1kg boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into cubes
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat, and add the oil. Wipe out the excess with a paper towel.
- Add mushrooms, and cook for ±5 minutes, stirring often. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add onion, and cook till brown, ± 5 minutes.
- Add chicken, cook ± 6 minutes till brown
- Add asparagus, cooked mushrooms, lemon juice, and parsley together with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat, cover, and cook for ±10 minutes till the chicken is done. We prefer our vegetables still crisp (not soggy) so be careful not to overcook.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe credit: Dukan
Prepared, tried, and tested by: Esme Slabs
Wally Paul Well here it is Es, with just a couple of variations.
Firstly I cut the recipe down to just 2 thin cut breasts since we are only two.
I did add: 2 small chopped cloves of garlic, a family favorite, and pre sautéed the asparagus tips so as to not overcook, and then added them for the last two minutes, to the pan.
Did not have enough liquid for the side of rice, so served that with my multi-flavored gravy saved in my fridge.
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.
8 thoughts on “Chicken with Mushrooms and Asparagus”
Mushrooms and asparagus go great together!
Thank you for the compliment. We also loved it.
This is a must try for my family!
Thank you. Still enjoying some at work for lunch
Thx, is always looking great. 😉
Reblogged this on Die Erste Eslarner Zeitung – Aus und über Eslarn, sowie die bayerisch-tschechische Region!.
Yum yum. Having left overs at work for lunch