These spicy Chili bites from scratch will soon be a favorite!
- 1½ cups Channa flour
- ½ cup self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 large potato, coarsely grated
- 1 large onion, coarsely grated
- 2 handfuls of finely chopped lettuce.
- Roughly 1 cup of water, you might require more or less.
- In a bowl, sift together the channa flour, self-raising flour, baking powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, and salt.
- Stir in the chili flakes, potato, onion, and lettuce.
- Add the water a little at a time, until you have a nice thick paste.
- Place a spoonful of the mixtures into hot oil and deep fry until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Bobby Swanson
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.