A slow cooker Chili Soy Braised Beef is so easy to prepare and delicious and will be ready in no time to feed your family and friends.
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2-inch ginger peeled and sliced
- 1 long red chili deseeded and chopped
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 kg of braising beef cut into large chunks
- 1 liter of vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp chili bean paste ( available in Chinese shop)
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 spring onion sliced
- 2 medium carrots chopped into 2cm slices
- Put all ingredients in a pan or slow cooker pan except for spring onion and cook on low heat for one hour.
- Garnish with spring onion and serve with rice or buns.
- Steam bun or rice to serve
Prepared, tried and tested, and submitted by Joy Martin Smyth