As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Vegan waffles that are literally bursting with blueberries, please give these Choc Chip Blueberry Vegan Waffles a try
- 1½ cups white Spelt flour (all-purpose flour works, too)
- 1½ Tablespoons baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2½ Tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoons organic canola oil
- 1 cup water
- 1½ cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1½ Tablespoons sugar (or another sweetener of your choice)
- ps: You can also add a ripe banana that has been mashed with a fork – it’s SO GOOD! I also added dark choc chips to my batter once I finished it
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Whisk together the Spelt flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and lemon zest.
- Add the organic canola oil, water, vanilla extract, and lemon juice.
- Let the batter sit for a couple of minutes while it rises.
- Spoon batter into your waffle iron and cook
- Make the blueberry sauce:
- Place the blueberries into a small pan and add the sugar or other sweetener. (If the blueberries are super sweet, you won’t need much).
- Heat over medium-low heat until the blueberries are soft and release their juices.
- Taste and add more sweetener if needed.
- Serve waffles with vegan buttery spread and blueberry sauce.
- Makes 6 servings
Prepared, tried, and tested by Carla Cilliers Brown