Triple Chocolate Treats!! Choc-chip shortbread, choc dipped strawberries, choc mousse
- 250g butter
- 1 cup castor sugar
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup cornflour
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Pinch of salt
- 3 cups flour.
- 1 cup choc chips
- Cream butter and sugar well.
- Add the oil, vanilla, and cornflour and beat well.
- Add enough flour to make a firm dough.
- Add choc chips, mix well
- Roll into a round disc and refrigerate for 30 minutes, remove from the fridge and roll out into 5mm thickness & cut into squares.
- Place onto a baking tray.
- Bake at 160 deg for 25 minutes
Choc dipped strawberries:
- Melt white and dark chocolate in 2 separate glass, heatproof bowls over hot water, do not let steam touch the chocolate as it will seize, and do not let the water boil.
- Dip in white chocolate, let it set over greaseproof paper then drizzle over the dark chocolate.
- Let it set.
- 250ml fresh cream
- 80g dark chocolate
- In a saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons (30 g) cream together with the chocolate, stirring constantly.
- When the cream heats up and almost starts bubbling, turn off the heat and continue stirring until the cream and chocolate are mixed well.
- The residual heat helps to dissolve the chocolate.
- Turn on the heat for a moment if the chocolate is still not melted entirely.
- Transfer the chocolate to a bowl.
- You will mix chocolate and whipped cream in this bowl later, so pick a big enough bowl. Let the chocolate cool down to room temperature.
- Do not put it in the fridge, since this will firm up the chocolate too much.
- It should still be soft and kind of liquid.
- Whip the cream.
- The peaks should be in between soft and firm (do not overwhip).
- Add about half of the whipped cream to the bowl with the melted and cooled chocolate.
- Using a spatula, fold/stir in the whipped cream.
- When combined well, add the second half of the whipped cream.
- Gently fold it in, trying to retain its volume.
- Pour the chocolate mousse into ramekins, glasses, or jars and put them in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
Prepared, tried, and tested Melenie Govender Pillay
Thanks a bunch for swinging by!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I’m on the lookout for your amazing recreations, and I just can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
Let’s not lose touch – sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll deliver scrumptious, foolproof recipes right to your inbox. And hey, why not join the party on Pinterest, Instagram, and Threads? I’d love to connect with you there and share our foodie adventures!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast your eyes on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!