Triple Chocolate Treats!! Choc-chip shortbread, choc dipped strawberries, choc mousse
- 250g butter
- 1 cup castor sugar
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup cornflour
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Pinch of salt
- 3 cups flour.
- 1 cup choc chips
- Cream butter and sugar well.
- Add the oil, vanilla, and cornflour beat well.
- Add enough flour to make a firm dough.
- Add choc chips, mix well
- Roll into a round disc and refrigerate for 30 minutes, remove from the fridge and roll out into 5mm thickness & cut into squares.
- Place onto a baking tray.
- Bake at 160 deg for 25 minutes
Choc dipped strawberries:
- Melt white and dark chocolate in 2 separate glass, heatproof bowls over hot water, do not let steam touch chocolate as it will seize, do not let the water boil.
- Dip in white chocolate, let it set over greaseproof paper then drizzle over the dark chocolate.
- Let it set.
- 250ml fresh cream
- 80g dark chocolate
- In a saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons (30 g) cream together with the chocolate, stirring constantly.
- When the cream heats up and almost starts bubbling, turn off the heat and continue stirring until the cream and chocolate are mixed well.
- The residual heat helps to dissolve the chocolate.
- Turn on the heat for a moment if the chocolate is still not melted entirely.
- Transfer the chocolate to a bowl.
- You will mix chocolate and whipped cream in this bowl later, so pick a big enough bowl. Let the chocolate cool down to room temperature.
- Do not put it in the fridge, since this will firm up the chocolate too much.
- It should still be soft and kind of liquid.
- Whip the cream.
- The peaks should be in between soft and firm (do not overwhip).
- Add about half of the whipped cream to the bowl with the melted and cooled chocolate.
- Using a spatula, fold/stir in the whipped cream.
- When combined well, add the second half of the whipped cream.
- Gently fold it in, trying to remain its volume.
- Pour the chocolate mousse into ramekins, glasses, or jars and put them in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
Prepared, tried, and tested Melenie Govender Pillay
Thanks for stopping by
- If you liked this post, please share it on Pinterest, Facebook, or Twitter. It will be awesome if you care to leave us a rating and review once you prepared this recipe. ♥
- If you’re in need of a wonderfully tried and tested recipe book for yourself, or as a gift, please do visit the shop and have a look at all those awesome Recipe eBooks.
- Amazon: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases from Canada, the United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom.
If you from time to time do online shopping through Amazon, I will be grateful for your support using any of my links. Please take a look at any of the recipes on this blog. Either use a regular link or an image with the Buy from Amazon purple button. Thank you for your support and for using my links.