As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Triple Chocolate Treats!! Choc-chip shortbread, choc dipped strawberries, choc mousse
- 250g butter
- 1 cup castor sugar
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup cornflour
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Pinch of salt
- 3 cups flour.
- 1 cup choc chips
- Cream butter and sugar well.
- Add the oil, vanilla, and cornflour beat well.
- Add enough flour to make a firm dough.
- Add choc chips, mix well
- Roll into a round disc and refrigerate for 30 minutes, remove from the fridge and roll out into 5mm thickness & cut into squares.
- Place onto a baking tray.
- Bake at 160 deg for 25 minutes
Choc dipped strawberries:
- Melt white and dark chocolate in 2 separate glass, heatproof bowls over hot water, do not let steam touch chocolate as it will seize, do not let the water boil.
- Dip in white chocolate, let it set over greaseproof paper then drizzle over the dark chocolate.
- Let it set.
- 250ml fresh cream
- 80g dark chocolate
- In a saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons (30 g) cream together with the chocolate, stirring constantly.
- When the cream heats up and almost starts bubbling, turn off the heat and continue stirring until the cream and chocolate are mixed well.
- The residual heat helps to dissolve the chocolate.
- Turn on the heat for a moment if the chocolate is still not melted entirely.
- Transfer the chocolate to a bowl.
- You will mix chocolate and whipped cream in this bowl later, so pick a big enough bowl. Let the chocolate cool down to room temperature.
- Do not put it in the fridge, since this will firm up the chocolate too much.
- It should still be soft and kind of liquid.
- Whip the cream.
- The peaks should be in between soft and firm (do not overwhip).
- Add about half of the whipped cream to the bowl with the melted and cooled chocolate.
- Using a spatula, fold/stir in the whipped cream.
- When combined well, add the second half of the whipped cream.
- Gently fold it in, trying to remain its volume.
- Pour the chocolate mousse into ramekins, glasses, or jars and put them in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
Prepared, tried, and tested Melenie Govender Pillay
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.
Thanks for stopping by
As always, if you make this recipe please leave me a comment, rate the recipe, and tag me @_esmesalon on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch, so please sign up for my newsletter to get delicious homemade tried and tested recipes delivered to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, & Twitter as I would love to connect with you there!
If you require a wonderfully tried and tested recipe book for yourself, or as a gift, please visit the shop and look at all those excellent Recipe eBooks.
4 thoughts on “Choc-Chip Shortbread Strawberries Mousse”
These look delicious! I love chocolate dipped strawberries!
Always a treat and easy to make in a rush
Goodness. What a treat Esme. 😍
Hope you will make some and enjoy it