Chocolate Eclair Cake topped with flaked almonds and filled with choc mousse and whipped cream. Do you agree? This looks utterly delicious!
- 1 cup water
- 125 grams of butter
- 1 cup of cake flour
- 3 eggs
- Allow water, butter to boil in a saucepan.
- Remove from heat add sift in the cake flour and mix.
- Carry on mixing over very low heat until a paste forms a ball and the sides of the saucepan are clean.
- Place the ball in a mixing bowl and allow it to cool for 10 minutes.
- Once cool beat in the eggs one at a time, blending well after each addition. You may use an electric beater to beat the eggs into the dough.
- Pipe 3 circles the size of a dinner plate onto parchment paper.
- Draw your circle outline in pencil and pipe with a piping nozzle inserted in a zip lock bag.
- In a pan roast 1/4 cup flaked almonds until brown.
- Sprinkle over the cake before baking for 35 mins at 200 C.
- Remove and let cool completely before filling.
- When the cake is cooled use a serrated knife and cut horizontally through the cake to remove the top, fill with choc mousse and whipped cream.
- Then place your top back onto the filling.
- Decorate with fresh cherries and cream and sprinkle with icing sugar.
Recipe adapted from Fatima Sydow’s recipe. Baked by Gail Haselsteiner