Chocolate Éclair Pastry is simply the perfect treat with family and friends, or you can indulge yourself and enjoy it on your own.
An éclair is a pastry made with choux dough filled with cream and topped with flavored icing. The dough, which is the same as that used for profiterole, is typically piped into an oblong shape with a pastry bag and baked until it is crisp and hollow inside
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup oil
- 1 cup of cake flour
- 3 eggs
- Drop vanilla essence
- Allow water, oil & vanilla essence to boil in a saucepan.
- Remove from heat, and add the cake flour and mix.
- Carry on mixing over very low heat until the paste forms a ball and the sides of the saucepan are clean.
- Place the ball in a mixing bowl and allow it to cool.
- Once cool beat in the eggs one at a time, blending well after each addition.
- Pipe or spoon the mixture onto a greased baking tray and bake in a preheated oven at 180 c for 45 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream or caramel
- Whipped cream and strawberries
- Whipped cream and bananas and chocolate on the top.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Feriel Sonday
More Éclairs to enjoy
Thanks for stopping by
- If you liked this post, please share it on Pinterest, Facebook, or Twitter. It will be awesome if you care to leave us a rating and review once you prepared this recipe. ♥
- If you’re in need of a wonderfully tried and tested recipe book for yourself, or as a gift, please do visit the shop and have a look at all those awesome Recipe eBooks.
- Amazon: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases from Canada, the United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom.
If you from time to time do online shopping through Amazon, I will be grateful for your support using any of my links. Please take a look at any of the recipes on this blog. Either use a regular link or an image with the Buy from Amazon purple button. Thank you for your support and for using my links.