Chocolate Éclair Pastry is simply the perfect treat with family and friends, or you can indulge yourself and enjoy it on your own.
An éclair is a pastry made with choux dough filled with cream and topped with flavored icing. The dough, which is the same as that used for profiterole, is typically piped into an oblong shape with a pastry bag and baked until it is crisp and hollow inside
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup oil
- 1 cup of cake flour
- 3 eggs
- Drop vanilla essence
- Allow water, oil & vanilla essence to boil in a saucepan.
- Remove from heat, and add the cake flour and mix.
- Carry on mixing over very low heat until the paste forms a ball and the sides of the saucepan are clean.
- Place the ball in a mixing bowl and allow it to cool.
- Once cool beat in the eggs one at a time, blending well after each addition.
- Pipe or spoon the mixture onto a greased baking tray and bake in a preheated oven at 180 c for 45 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream or caramel
- Whipped cream and strawberries
- Whipped cream and bananas and chocolate on the top.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Feriel Sonday
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.
More Éclairs to enjoy
Thanks for stopping by
As always, if you make this recipe please leave me a comment, rate the recipe, and tag me @_esmesalon on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch, so please sign up for my newsletter to get delicious homemade tried and tested recipes delivered to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, & Twitter as I would love to connect with you there!
If you require a wonderfully tried and tested recipe book for yourself, or as a gift, please visit the shop and look at all those excellent Recipe eBooks.