Chocolate Éclair Pastry is simply the perfect treat with family and friends, or you can indulge yourself and enjoy it on your own.
An éclair is a pastry made with choux dough filled with cream and topped with flavored icing. The dough, which is the same as that used for profiterole, is typically piped into an oblong shape with a pastry bag and baked until it is crisp and hollow inside
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup oil
- 1 cup of cake flour
- 3 eggs
- Drop vanilla essence
- Allow water, oil & vanilla essence to boil in a saucepan.
- Remove from heat, add the cake flour and mix.
- Carry on mixing over very low heat until the paste forms a ball and the sides of the saucepan are clean.
- Place the ball in a mixing bowl and allow it to cool.
- Once cool beat in the eggs one at a time, blending well after each addition.
- Pipe or spoon the mixture onto a greased baking tray and bake in a preheated oven at 180 c for 45 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream or caramel
- Whipped cream and strawberries
- Whipped cream, bananas, and chocolate on the top.
Created, Prepared, tried, and tested by Feriel Sonday
More Éclairs to enjoy
Thanks a bunch for swinging by!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I’m on the lookout for your amazing recreations, and I just can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
Let’s not lose touch – sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll deliver scrumptious, foolproof recipes right to your inbox. And hey, why not join the party on Pinterest, Instagram, and Threads? I’d love to connect with you there and share our foodie adventures!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast your eyes on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!