As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Chocolate Petit Fours, a delicious and very chocolatey treat
Ingredients for Cake:
- 125ml (1/2) cup cooking oil
- 125ml (1/2) cup butter
- 45ml ( 3 tbsp) cocoa powder
- 500ml (2cups) of cake flour
- 375ml (1&1/2c) buttermilk
- 5ml (1tsp) vanilla essence
- 2 extra-large eggs, whisked
- 5ml (tsp) bicarbonate of soda blended with a little milk
- 100g butter
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 2 tbsp buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- White chocolate for drizzle
- Preheat the oven to 180C grease 24x24cm square cake tin with nonstick sprayBring the oil, butter, and cocoa to the boil, remove from heat and allow to cool. Sift the flour and add to the oil mixture along with the sugar
- Whisk buttermilk, vanilla essence, eggs, and bicarbonate of soda mixed together and add the cocoa mixture, mixing well. Turn the batter into the prepared tin and bake for 30-35 minutes.
For the icing:
- Bring all ingredients except vanilla essence and chocolate to a boil over medium heat. Simmer gently for 1 minute, remove from heat and stir in the vanilla essence. Allow cooling slightly.
- To assemble:
- Cut the cooled cake into 4-5cm squares, place it on a wire rack with a serving tray beneath, and pour over the icing. Decorate the petit four with white chocolate melted or grated or white chocolate curls.
Prepared, tried, and tested by: All joy’s lovely cooking