When short on time then you can whip up this quick Chocolate Surprise Dessert.
I had to come up with a quick dessert to take with us as we visited dear friends on Friday evening after work. I did not have time to go to the shops to get what I actually intended to prepare, so had to dig in the pantry and found some ingredients and came up with this quick and easy treat.
When in a rush and you need something to take along to friends, try out this quick surprise chocolate treat
- Tennis biscuits (or lady fingers or any biscuit)
- 1 tin caramel
- 170g box chocolate Jell-O, Cook & Serve
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup pomegranate Craisins
- 1 cup Hershey’s Chipits
- Pack the biscuits out as a base in a glass dish (I used them 3 x 3)
- Whip up the caramel, and spread it over the biscuits
- In a large microwave container, blend the milk and the Jell-O with a hand whisk.
- Cook at high for 2 minutes, whisk, and blend
- Repeat this 3 more times, thus 8 minutes in total.
- After every 2 minutes of cooking time, mix and blend well to prevent lumps
- After 8 minutes, add the craisins.
- Cook for 1 minute, blend and add the Hershey’s Chipits.
- Blend in but no need to have all the Hershey’s Chipits melted.
- Pour and spread evenly over the caramel.
- Decorate as desired.
- Leave to set in the fridge.
- Cut into blocks and when serving top with some whipped cream and enjoy.
- Due to limited time, this is a very quick and not fancy decorated treat, but it tasted awesome
Prepared, tried, and tested by Esme (blogger and owner) of The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
Keywords: Chocolate, Dessert
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.