A delightful bowl of Chorizo and Chicken Jambalaya will hit that sweet spot and the perfect meal you need
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 4 chicken breast fillets, diced
- 400g cooking chorizo
- 1 packet of mixed frozen seafood
- 3 garlic gloves
- 2 peppers red and yellow
- 2 celery sticks
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- 300g long grain rice
- 400g chicken stock
- Fresh parsley leaves
- Sliced lemon
- Put a heavy-based casserole dish with a lid on medium-high heat and add olive oil, add chopped chicken breast fry until they start to brown then add chorizo, and let them brown a little too.
- Set aside, add onions to the oil, and soften them then add garlic, peppers, green chilies, thyme, and oregano and stir through.
- Return the chicken and chorizo to the pan, add the onion-garlic salt, paprika, cayenne, and mustard powder and pepper.
- Then add rice, tomatoes and stock, give it a good stir bring it to a boil and let simmer covered for approximately 15 minutes until rice cook through.
- Give it a good stir every now and then so it doesn’t stick.
- Add the mixed frozen seafood cook for a few minutes 2 to 3 minutes and garnish with parsley.
Prepared, tried, and tested by All joy’s lovely cooking