Have you ever heard of or enjoyed Creamy Butternut Squash Soup for breakfast??
My eight-year-old will eat this soup for breakfast! It’s creamy and delicious without being heavy.
Delicious and very easy to make. You can use 3 to 4 cups of chicken broth instead of the water and bouillon cubes. Also works well with half as much cream cheese if you don’t want it too rich.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash
- 3 cups of water
- 2 cubes chicken bouillon
- 3/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 package of cream cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute onions in butter until tender.
- Add squash, water, bouillon, marjoram, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Bring to boil; cook 20 minutes, or until squash is tender.
- Puree squash and cream cheese in a blender or food processor in batches until smooth.
- I just use a stick blender in the pot.
- Return to saucepan, and heat through.
- Do not allow it to boil.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Christl
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.