Chimichurri sauce is so versatile, and today we have cilantro and parsley chimichurri sauce to try out.
Pairs wonderfully with meat or even as a marinade for seafood and chicken.
I served mine on lettuce cups which I filled with sauce and then a slice of steak.
I also marinaded some prawns in the sauce and then grilled them. Both ways are delicious.
- 1 bunch of fresh parsley, leaves, and part of the stems
- 1/2 bunch cilantro (coriander), leaves, and part of the stems
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 5 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/2 cup small red sweet chili peppers chopped
- A Crack of Himalayan pink salt
- A Crack of black pepper
- 1 cup seeds (pumpkin or sunflower or a combination)
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and whizz till the desired texture is achieved.
- Adjust seasoning.
- Drizzle with olive oil and chopped chili.
- This sauce can be drizzled over meat or vegetables.
- It can also be used as a marinade for chicken or shrimp.
Prepared, tried, and tested Caashifa Adams Young