As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Indulge your senses with Coconut and Black Cherry Roulade. A decadent dessert delight!
Coconut and Black Cherry Roulade
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Moderate
- Cuisine: French
A Coconut and Black Cherry Roulade is a great dessert to have when you are entertaining friends, its easy to make, and they will devour it in record time and ask for more.
- 4 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup (220g) castor sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1/2 cup (40g) shredded coconut
- 1 medium tin black cherries drained
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (40g) shredded coconut, toasted in a pan
- 1/2 cup (110g) castor sugar
- 250 g mascarpone cheese softened
- Preheat oven to 160°C (140°C fan-forced).
- Grease a 25cm x 30cm swiss roll pan; line the base with baking paper, extending the paper 3cm over the long sides grease the baking paper again.
- Beat egg whites in a bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Add castor sugar a little at a time, beating until dissolved between additions and firm peaks form.
- Fold in vanilla, vinegar, and cornflour.
- Spread meringue into prepared pan; sprinkle with coconut.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned and firm.
- Allow the meringue to cool for 5 minutes, then carefully turn out onto a sheet of baking paper; remove the lining paper.
- Allow cooling.
- Combine milk, coconut, and castor sugar in a small saucepan; simmer for 20 minutes or until the liquid has reduced to 1/2 cup (125ml).
- Remove from heat.
- Drain the mixture, reserving liquid only.
- Refrigerate until cold.
- Fold gently through mascarpone cheese.
- Spread coconut mascarpone evenly over the meringue, leaving a 5 cm border along the long edge furthest from you; sprinkle with black cherries.
- Using the baking paper, roll roulade away from you into a log shape.
- Transfer to a serving platter and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve dusted with icing sugar.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Gail from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 234
- Sugar: 26.8 g
- Sodium: 59.3 mg
- Fat: 12.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 28.2 g
- Fiber: 0.6 g
- Protein: 3.7 g
- Cholesterol: 27.2 mg
Keywords: Coconut, Black Cherry, Roulade
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.