As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Coconut Flour Orange and Cranberry Cake Gluten-free, moist, and delicious, even my non-GF husband loved it and asked for more although not a big cake eater.
Coconut Flour Orange and Cranberry Cake
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 18 cubes depending on size 1x
- Category: Cake, Cupcakes, Cookies and Tarts
- Method: Easy
- Diet: Gluten Free
This is so #yummygetinmytummy, even my hubby, not one for sweet stuff, and GF baking said this is moreish and he had 4 cubes one after another, which makes me a happy mommy.
- 2/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- ±4 twists of Pink Himalayan Salt (Grinder bottle)
- 1/3 cup stevia
- 6 X-large eggs
- 1/3 cup VOO (Virgin Olive Oil)
- 1/2 Tbsp. Pure Madagascar Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (I only used 1 orange and that was sufficient)
- Grated zest of 1 orange
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Minimal cranberries for decoration
- 1 Tbsp. rolled oats (I used Oat bran and just a sprinkling for decoration)
- In a small bowl, combine the dry ingredients and mix well, and set aside.
- In a 4-cup measuring jug, combine the wet ingredients and beat with a small hand whisk until a little frothy.
- Add the dried cranberries and zest and let it rest for 5-10 minutes in order for the berries to soak up some of the juice.
- Combine the above two sets of ingredients and then blend thoroughly until no lumps are visible.
- Pour the batter into a well-greased baking tin.
- I used a 7 x 11-inch baking pan with its own divider which then provides you with 18 equal cubes of cake.
- If you prefer, sprinkle the top with oats and a few extra cranberries.
- I only added the oats as I wanted to soak all the cranberries and added them in the batter.
- Bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let it rest until cold and then gently remove the baking/cutter from the cake and voila you have wonderful delicious and moist Orange and Cranberry Cake cubes.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Esme Slabs from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 106
- Sugar: 8.4 g
- Sodium: 93.3 mg
- Fat: 6.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 11.1 g
- Fiber: 1.5 g
- Protein: 2.7 g
- Cholesterol: 62 mg
Keywords: Coconut Flour, Orange, Cranberry
Recipe Credit: Thank you Caashifa Adams Young for this Coconut Flour Orange and Cranberry Cake recipe. Although I made minor changes, I saw this recipe that you posted on another site and just had to try it.
You have to take some time out and peruse all the wonderful Gluten-free recipes we have for you here on the blog.
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.