These Tasty Mini Coconut Tarts, are decadent and sweet pastry crusts filled with fluffy, sticky coconut filling.
These Tasty Mini Coconut Tarts, are decadent with sweet pastry crusts and filled with fluffy, sticky coconut filling.
- 115g margarine
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup Apricot jam
- Red or green cherries
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tbsp soft butter
- 1 1/2 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- Beat butter and sugar well.
- Add egg.
- Sift the dry ingredients and add to the cream mixture.
- Mix into a soft dough, you may need a little more flour to get a nice firm dough.
- Roll and cut about 1/4 cm thick round shapes.
- Grease patty pans or cupcake tins.
- Place the round shapes in the pan and add 1 tsp jam and top with coconut filling.
- Bake at 180C / 350F for about 20 minutes
- Beat egg white till stiff
- Add butter & rest of the ingredients.
- Once the tart shells are ready and cold, fill them with jam and top them with coconut filling and decorate them with a cherry if you wish.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Rashida from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs
- Serving Size: 1 tart
- Calories: 167
- Sugar: 17.2 g
- Sodium: 169.6 mg
- Fat: 4.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 30.2 g
- Fiber: 1.3 g
- Protein: 2.5 g
- Cholesterol: 7.8 mg
Keywords: Coconut, Tarts
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.