Delicious for our coffee and mint lovers, a combo and a sorbet all in one, Coffee and Minty-Lemon Sorbet
- 115g/ 1/2 cup of sugar
- 40ml water
- 15g fresh mint leaves
- 30 ml coffee liqueur
- 6 lemons
- 1 egg white
- Sprigs of mint to decorate
- Put the sugar in a large heavy-based saucepan with water and heat gently until sugar dissolved, stirring occasionally bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add the mint leaves, stir and leave to cool.
- Strain into a jug and stir in the liqueur.
- Cut a thin slice from the base of each lemon so they will stand upright, being careful not to cut through the pith.
- Cut the tops off the lemons and keep the lids.
- Scrape out the lemon flesh and squeeze it into the mint and coffee syrup.
- Pour into a freezeproof bowl or container for 3 hours.
- Whisk to break down the ice crystals, then freeze for 1 more hour.
- Then whisk the egg white until stiff, then whisk into the ice.
- Scoop into the lemon shells and replace the lids.
- Place upright on tray or plate and freeze for 2 hours until solid.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Joy Martin Smyth