As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Coffee Brined Beef Roast with Veggies turned out to be a huge hit with the family!
Sundays are always a roast day. I decided I had to make Sunny Anderson’s Coffee Beef Roast after watching her show during the week. What a hit. Hers was very rare though – my boring family doesn’t like rare. It turned out great all the same. You can adjust your cooking time if you decide to give it a try. Another steal was the Gem Squash Mac n Cheese I got from another group. Great for those abstaining from meat. The broccoli and cheese was just a spin-off from the cauliflower and white/cheese sauce, which is always, always well received. I hope you guys try the beef.
Coffee Brined Beef Roast
Recipe Credit: Foodnetwork – Cooking For Real
- 1.5 kg beef roast
- 2 cups strong coffee cooled
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- (Add to Ziploc bag and refrigerate overnight)
- 2 Tblsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 Tblsp olive oil
Mix into a paste and cover the roast
- Add to roasting pan and pour 1 cup beef stock round beef.
- Add 1 onion quartered and a few garlic cloves, and 2 bay leaves.
- Roast in preheated oven uncovered at 170 degrees for 1½ hours.
Three Cheese Cauliflower Broccoli Au Gratin
- 1 head each cauliflower and broccoli
- 3 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp cake flour
- 3 cups warm milk
- 1 Tblsp Cheese Spread
- 1 round feta cheese
- 4 tbsp parmesan cheese,
- paprika to garnish
- cheddar cheese
- and breadcrumb and herb topping
- Steam the cauliflower and broccoli until tender in hot water and a vegetable stockpot.
- Drain properly and leave in a colander to dry while you make your sauce.
- Once completely drained transfer to a baking dish and season with salt, pepper, and Aromix.
- Melt the butter and add the flour.
- Stir until a smooth paste.
- Add a little of the warm milk and stir well.
- Add the rest of the milk and bring to a boil.
- Add a pinch of nutmeg and a pinch of mustard powder. Stir.
- Remove from the heat and add the feta, parmesan, and Cheese Spread.
- Stir until melted. Pour the piping hot sauce over broccoli and cauliflower, and garnish with paprika.
- Grate some cheddar over the top and sprinkle over some fresh bread crumbs mixed with butter and mixed fresh herbs. Bake until lightly golden
Gem Squash Mac N Cheese
Recipe Credit: Naeema Mia
- 3 gem squash, neatly sliced in half
- 1 Tblsp butter
- 1 tsp flour
- ¼ cup creamed-style sweetcorn
- 1 cup fresh cream
- ¼ tsp crushed green chili (optional)
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese (reserve some for topping)
- 1 cup boiled macaroni – al dente in salted water with a drop of olive oil
- Chopped parsley/coriander – chili flakes or paprika for garnish
- Boil Gem Squash halves till cooked.
- Discard the pips – scoop out the flesh and retain the shells.
- Add the flesh to a pot.
- Using a stick blender or whisk, add the butter and flour and blend on low heat.
- Add the sweet corn and fresh cream.
- Add the cooked macaroni and green chili.
- Toss in your cheese and macaroni and stir till the cheese has melted.
- Scoop back into Squash shells.
- Top with extra cheese, chili flakes and bake till cheese has melted.
Prepared, tried, and tested Melanie Kramar
6 thoughts on “Coffee Brined Beef Roast with Veggies”
Coffee-Marinated Road Beef?! I can’t wait to give it a try!!
For sure something different, Hope you enjoy it.
Big thank you Sir
I’ve made this roast and it is delicious according to my son!
Thanks so much I am glad your son love it. I will pass your comment over to Melanie. I am sure she will love it