You have to love the smell of homemade cinnamon rolls and especially these Copycat Cinnabon
You have to ♥ the smell of homemade cinnamon rolls
- 1 (7 g) package of active dry yeast
- 1 cup of warm milk
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup margarine softened butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon cinnamon
- ⅓ cup butter softened
- Cream cheese icing
- 6 tablespoon butter
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- For the rolls, dissolve the yeast in the warm milk in a large bowl.
- Add sugar, butter, salt, eggs, and flour to the bowl of a mixer and mix well.
- Pour the milk/yeast mixture into the bowl and using the dough hook, mix well until well incorporated.
- Place dough into an oiled bowl, cover, and let rise in a warm place for about 1 hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface, until it is approx 16 inches long by 12 inches wide. It should be approx ¼ inch thick.
- Preheat the oven to 180′ degrees. Grease a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- To make the filling, combine the butter or margarine, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the surface of the dough.
- Alternatively, you can spread the butter first on the dough and then the brown sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Working carefully, from the long edge, roll the dough down to the bottom edge.
- The roll should be about 18 inches in length.
- Cut the roll into 1½ inch slices. You might find it easier if you use a piece of floss vs a knife.
- Place the cut rolls in the prepared pan. Cover them with a damp towel.
- Let them rise again for another 30 minutes until they double in size.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cooking time can vary greatly!
- While the rolls are baking make the icing by mixing all ingredients and beating well with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- When the rolls are done, spread generously with icing.
Prepared, tried and tested by Preshana Singh