These Corn and Cheese Muffins are super easy, quick, and filling. Suitable for a snack or with your afternoon coffee.
- 4 cups blending flour (cake flour will also work)
- 30ml baking powder
- 10ml salt
- 3½ cups grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tins of sweet corn kernels, drained
- 8-10 finely chopped spring onions
- Ground coriander to taste
- 500ml buttermilk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 160ml oil
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cheese, and corn in a bowl.
- Mix through the chopped spring onions, and add a pinch or two of coriander.
- Combine the buttermilk, egg, and oil and mix well.
- Add to the dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into a well-greased muffin tin, or as I have done, in cupcake liners.
- Bake at 400°F for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove and cool in the tin for 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
- Delicious served warm with butter.
The recipe received from my brother from AUS
Modified, Prepared, tried, and tested by Esme Slabs