Delicious Cracker Crumbed Chicken Breasts served with cheese sauce
- 4 chicken breasts were washed and cut each fillet into 3 strips.
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 boxes of Baker slow-baked Kips green onion flavored crackers crushed in a ziplock bag or food processor
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoon dried parsley
- White cheese and Parsley sauce
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour or cornflour
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoon sour cream (optional)
- Boil milk and butter together in a saucepan.
- Make a paste together with flour and a little water. Stir until smooth.
- Once the milk has boiled using a whisk pour in the flour slurry and whisk constantly until the sauce thickens.
- Add 1/4 cup Parmesan and stir in the sour cream if using.
- Boil up for 2 mins and add parsley. Set aside to serve with crumbed chicken
- Preheat the oven to 200 C grease your baking dish with cooking spray
- Pour crackers, milk, and cheese into 3 separate bowls.
- Dip chicken in milk, coat with the cheese pressing it on with your fingers, dip in crackers using your fingers to make it stick.
- I found if you place the chicken in your palm then cover it with cheese and crackers, turn it over and repeat another side of the chicken.
- Place in a baking dish and sprinkle with dried parsley.
- Cover the baking dish with tin foil and bake in the oven for 35 mins.
- Remove foil and bake a further 10 mins to really crisp and brown the chicken. Serve with cheese and parsley sauce, green salad, and sauteed spud potatoes.
Source: The Internet
Prepared, tried, and tested by Gail