As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
These biscotti use nuts and cranberry to add extra flavor. It is outstanding, so please try the Cranberry and Hazelnut Biscotti
It was my first attempt at making biscotti and so I didn’t even know what to expect with a low-carb version. My slicing technique needs work for sure but they are crunchy and delicious.
- 2.5 cups almond flour/meal (I used half and half)
- 1 cup hazelnuts or nuts of your choice chopped roughly
- 3/4 cup cranberries or craisins
- 1/2 cup Truvia or sweetener of choice to taste
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- A crack of pink salt
- 1 tbsp psyllium husk (optional)
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum / guar gum / glucomannan (optional)
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tblspn vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp almond essence (optional)
- Mix dry ingredients together thoroughly.
- Lightly beat eggs and mix with the essence.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix thoroughly to form dense, sticky dough.
- Fold in the cranberries. Line a tray with baking paper and transfer the dough onto it.
- Form a rectangular or oval loaf with your hands.
- Bake for about 20-30 minutes on 180C until it just starts to brown and is firm to the touch.
- Take out of the oven and cool for about 10-15 minutes.
- Turn the oven temperature down to 150C.
- Carefully slice up the loaf into thin slices.
- Place the slices onto a wire rack and put them back into the oven.
- Bake for further 20-30 minutes, until golden brown on both sides and firm in texture.
- Let cool completely before serving
Prepared, tried, and tested by: Caashifa Adams Young