The first time I tried chocolate chip cookies was Ree Drummond’s Choc Chip Cookies with Lays Potato Chips and they were my ‘go-to’ choc chip cookies, until now Cream Cheese Choc Chip Cookies, so soft and yummy.
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 5-6 tablespoon mini chocolate chips
Method for the best ever Cream Cheese Choc Chip Cookies:
- In a medium bowl combine flour, cornstarch, and baking powder. Leave aside.
- In a stand mixer mix butter and cream cheese, on medium speed, until it is fine and creamy.
- Add egg, milk, and vanilla extract and continue mixing.
- Then, add powder sugar and mix some more until the mixture is fluffy.
- Put in dry ingredients and mix until you get a fine dough.
- Finally, add mini chocolate chips and stir well. Leave in the fridge for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Take the dough out of the fridge.
- Shape it into balls (24-26 balls). (You may need 2 sheets).
- Place them on the baking sheets, 1½ inches apart.
- Flatten the balls using your hands or some firm object.
- Sprinkle some mini chocolate chip, if you wish.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Take them out of the oven and leave to cool in the baking sheets for a few minutes.
- Transfer them to a wire rack to cool down completely.
Prepared, tried, and tested Melanie Kramar
Recipe Credit: Unknown
Tried this recipe?
Mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare
Do you need a different type of Chocolate Chip Cookie to try out?
Hi, have you ever considered to come and join us at our two FB Recipe Groups: