Tantalize your taste buds with these moreish Cream Puffs. These are the best Cream Puffs and you won’t believe how simple they are to make!
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup of castor sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 3 tablespoons of water
- 1 cup of cake flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
For the filling
- 250 ml fresh cream
- 1 tablespoon of icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- ½ cup of grenadilla pulp
- Remove from the pan using a butter knife to loosen the cakes. Cool completely.
- Cut in half and spread on each bottom of the cake a little granadilla pulp.
- Next, whip the cream, icing sugar, and vanilla essence until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon or pipe onto each half and spoon any remaining pulp on top of the cream, place the other half of the cake on top of the cream.
- Dust/ sift the cakes with icing sugar. Serve.
- In a large bowl, with an electric hand mixer, beat the eggs, sugar, and vanilla essence for 5 minutes.
- Next, add the oil, water, and sift in the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray or grease with butter and a dusting of flour.
- Next, spoon into the muffin pan holders until 3/4 full.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- You can use different fillings, for eg. Caramel and slices of banana or berries on top of the cream.
- Tip:- you can also line the muffin pan with cupcake holders, pour in the batter, and bake once cooled simply peel off the holders and discard
Recipe Credit: Cape Malay Cooking with Fatima Sydow
Prepared, tried, and tested Feriel Sonday
More Cream Puffs to feast on