The best ever Crispy Delicious Pork Bites for the whole family!
It was super delicious and I’ve had it for supper too (will have to stash it!) – the sauce is the bomb!
Nothing diety about this meal enjoy everybody – even the crackling! But only 110gr okay 😊
Ingredients for these Crispy Delicious Pork Bites:
- 110gr thin pork belly strips
- 2 tsp butter
- (I added fennel powder, garlic powder, ginger powder, 5 spice powder, and black pepper on the flesh only)
- 1 tbsp blue cheese
- 2 tbsp onion, diced
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- Turn the oven to the highest setting.
- Rub the scored skin with salt and then rub other spices into the flesh.
- Place belly strips into the oven for approximately 30-40 minutes (I did a whole loin) so after the skin was crispy and golden, I lowered the temperature and cooked until the rest of the pork was cooked through).
- In a pan, melt the butter on medium heat.
- Add the onion and caramelize slowly till translucent and sweet.
- Once cooked add heavy cream.
- Now, once the cream has warmed through, crumble in the blue cheese and wait for it to melt then place on high heat then pour into a dish.
- Take the pork out of the oven and cut it into bite-size pieces and serve with the warm sauce.
Prepared, tried, and tested Melanie Kramar
There are many other Pork Recipes as well to choose from on the blog