What do you do with leftover rice and chicken, well you make Crispy Rice Cups with Chicken filling? These were really yummy 👌
2 cups cooled cooked rice
½ cup yogurt
- 2 Tblsps oil
- 1 large cooked chicken breast shredded
- ¼ green pepper
- ½ onion chopped
- ¼ yellow pepper
- ¼ red pepper
- 1 handful spinach leaves chopped
- 3 eggs
- Crack of salt
- Crack of pepper
- Combine the rice and yogurt then mix well.
- Grease a muffin tin, then scoop some of the rice mixtures into it.
- Use your fingers to press and shape it into a cup.
- Bake at 200C until light brown and crispy.
- While the cups are baking, prepare the filling.
- Sauté the onion and other vegetables in the oil until just tender.
- Remove from the heat.
- Mix the veggie mixture with the shredded chicken.
- Stir in the eggs. Season well.
- Remove the browned rice cups from the oven.
- Scoop some mixture into the cups.
- Bake at 180C until the chicken and egg mixture has firmed.
- Cool before removing from the muffin tin.
- Use a spoon to scoop the cup out of the tin as the crispy rice could stick to the bottom or sides.
Prepared, tried, and tested Caashifa Adams Young
You need not look further, we have many appetizer recipes for you to pick and choose from. Enjoy
Hi, have you ever considered to come and join us at our two FB Recipe Groups: