I got the idea from another Chicken Pie recipe, but tweaked it, to make it my own and came up with this Crustless Chicken Pie.
- 1lb or 500grams of Chicken breasts. (Or use a whole chicken if you like dark meat)
- Salt and pepper to taste. I do not use salt but will serve Himalayan pink salt to grind if needed.
- Juice and rinds of 1 lime, and I lemon. Worcestershire Sauce and Balsamic Vinegar.
- 1/2 lb or 250 g of sliced brown mushrooms
- 1/2 lb or 250g of chopped sweet onions
- 4 cloves or more of chopped garlic
- 2 heaped tsp of chopped parsley
- 1lb or 500 g of vegges. I used several kinds of beans (fresh not dried) carrots and a small parsnip
- Mix together in a bowl until thick and smooth and put aside:
- 4 organic eggs beaten
- 1 medium tub of plain live yogurt (pour off liquid if any)
- 1 roll package of soft goat cheese (I got mine from the farmers market).
- Grated sharp cheddar and grated Reggiani cheese to sprinkle on top.
- Sweet Spanish Paprika to sprinkle on top.
- Put chicken and chopped citrus in the slow cooker until tender and cooked.
- With a little oil and a few shakes of Worcestershire Sauce and a little Balsamic vinegar.
- When done cut into small pieces as shown. Put aside.
- In a skillet, add 5 tbsp sunflower oil, and chopped onions and garlic.
- When they are transparent, add mushrooms to absorb the oils.
- When they are plump, add the rest of the vegetables and parsley and simmer until tender but still crisp.
- Mix chicken, veggies, and egg mixture together and put into a pie dish. Sprinkle grated cheese on top and finish with Paprika.
- Bake at 375 F or 180C for 35-40 minutes until set and the top is a nice golden brown color.
- Serve with a nice green salad.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Carolyn