Sharing one vegetarian Healthy recipe, low carb-rich in Vitamin and Protein, my recipe for Cucumber Spinach savory pancake with Greek salad.
- Cucumber peeled and grated – 1 cup
- Spinach thinly shredded – 1 cup
- Rice flour – 1 cup
- Chili powder – ½ Tsp
- Black pepper powder – 1 Tsp
- Turmeric Powder – ¼ Tsp
- Curd – 1/4th cup
- Salt to taste
- Olive/Cooking oil
Ingredients for Salad
- Cucumber Diced – ½ cup
- Diced onion medium size – 1
- Red bell peppers Diced – 1/4th cup
- Diced Tomatoes – 1/4th cup
- Lettuce – small bunch
- Lemon juice – 1 Tbsp
- Black pepper powder – ½ Tsp
- Green & black olives pitted 10-12
- Feta Cheese or Cottage cheese crumbled – 2 Tbsp or more
- Salt to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil – 1 Tbsp
- Take a bowl. Add a little salt, and half of black and red chili powder to the grated cucumber.
- Rest it for 5 mins.
- Squeeze the water from the cucumber and put it in a mixing bowl.
- Save the squeezed water for later use.
- Add spinach, curd, rice flour, and the rest of the spices to the cucumber. Mix well.
- Add sufficient water to make a thin pancake batter.
- You may also add half of the liquid extracted from the cucumber. Now check the salt level and add The batter should not be thick and in pouring consistency. Let it rest at least for 10-15 mins.
- In the meantime prepare the salad.
- Add all the cut vegetables to a bowl.
- Pour the saved liquid from the cucumber.
- Add lemon juice. Mix well.
- While serving, top it with crumbled cheese and spoon olive oil over the salad.
Cook the Pancake
Heat a non-stick pan.
Put cooking spray or grease the pan with olive oil.
Put a ladle full of batter over it and spread it with the help of the backside of the ladle.
Cook in medium flame.
You have to be patient till you flip it.
It takes more time than a normal pancake.
Spoon oil on the sides and center of the pancake.
Flip when the top color of the pancake changes.
Flip it gently and cook both sides nicely.
Serve it hot with cold greek salad on the side.
Recipe credit” Chef Ajay Chopra. Learned it from his TV show
Reena Mukherjee prepared, tried, and tested this Cucumber Spinach savory pancake with Greek salad
I leave you with more delicious tried and tested Vegetarian dishes to enjoy