Got this idea from The Chew, but did not have all the ingredients they used, nor wrote it down so I improvised this Cumin Balsamic Roasted Chicken.
- 1 Fresh Whole Chicken, (mine was around 1kg)
- 1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 2tbsp Dry Cumin
- 1tsp Garlic Power
- Half an Onion, Chopped
- Coarse salt
- Cracked Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F
- Mix all ingredients other than salt in a mixing bowl.
- Place onions and then chicken into a greased roasting pan.
- Baste the chicken with the vinegar mixture. Really coat the chicken. Then crack coarse salt all over the chicken, on both sides. Pour the remaining vinegar mixture into the chick, then lay the chicken down on the onions. Crack pepper on the top .. and more salt if you need to
- Bake for 1 hour and serve!
- I made this tonight and it was delicious. The skin was not burnt, the sugars were just caramelized from the balsamic.
- It was so juicy and the skin was crispy!
Tried and Tested, prepared and posted by: April Marie
Comment: Corlea Smit
I tried this one tonight too – it really is so easy and so tasty! I used boneless skinless breasts, so cooked it for 30 minutes (and sauteed the onions before baking). It was literally flawless.