Are you ready to tantalize your taste buds with a delightful blend of flavors? Join us in the kitchen and let’s whip up some Curried Potato Spinach and Chickpea magic together!
Curried Potato Spinach and Chickpea Magic
Are you ready to tantalize your taste buds with a delightful blend of flavors? Join us in the kitchen and let’s whip up some Curried Potato, Spinach, and Chickpea magic together! Let’s Cook Now and embark on a culinary adventure that’s as delicious as it is wholesome. Let’s get cooking!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings depending on size 1x
- Category: Indian Recipes
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: Indian
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 4 Potatoes (peeled & cubed)
- 1 bunch of Spinach
- 1 tin of Chickpeas (canned or soaked & boiled)
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 1 Tomato (chopped)
- 2–3 Curry Leaves
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) Ginger & Garlic (Ground)
- 1/2 tsp Masala/Curry Powder (to your heat level)
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) Garam Masala
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt to taste
- 2 cups Cooked White Rice
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 3 tbsp (37.5 ml) Butter
- Heat the oil in a pot.
- Add the onion, cook till soft then add in the curry leaves, ginger & garlic.
- Cook for a few minutes.
- Add in the tomato, garam masala and masala.
- Allow this to cook till the tomatoes are soft and the mixture looks thick.
- Drop in the potatoes.
- Sprinkle in the salt and water (½ cup – 125 ml) to allow it to cook.
- Cook till soft on a medium heat.
- Add in the spinach and chickpeas and allow to simmer for a few minutes.
- Heat butter in a pan then add in cumin seeds.
- When it begins to splutter and becomes aromatic, pour it into cooked rice and toss it.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Rochelle from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 614
- Sugar: 6.8 g
- Sodium: 733.1 mg
- Fat: 14.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 107.3 g
- Fiber: 16.9 g
- Protein: 17.2 g
- Cholesterol: 22.9 mg
Keywords: Curried Potato; Spinach and Chickpea; indian food; curry in indian food
More tantalizing Indian Dishes you should try out.
We shared this tasty recipe with Metamorphosis Monday
Thanks a bunch for swinging by!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I will be on the lookout for your amazing recreations, and I just can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
Let’s not lose touch – sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll deliver scrumptious, foolproof recipes directly to your inbox. And hey, why not join the party on Pinterest, Instagram, and Threads? I’d love to connect with you there and share our foodie adventures!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!
We happily share our awesome recipes and are excited to sprinkle some love by sharing our posts at these awesome Linkup Parties.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.