As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Somewhere between a soup and a curry, this Curried Sweetcorn Soup is perfect for cold nights!
- 1 packet (300g) of leeks trimmed and sliced
- 4cm knob ginger, finely chopped
- 1 packet(500g) button mushrooms halved
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 can of sweetcorn kernels
- 2-3 tbsp mild curry powder
- Vegetable stock or chicken stock
- 1 can of coconut milk
- Salt and milled pepper
- Handful fresh coriander, for serving
- 1 sliced chili, for serving (optional)
- Ciabatta bread sliced for serving or rotis or naan bread
- Saute leeks, ginger, and garlic in oil until soft and fragrant.
- Add the sweetcorn and stir through curry add mushrooms, stock, and bring to boil.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally add coconut milk and blitz to the blender if desired. Season.
- Scattered with fresh coriander and chili, serve with a warm roti or ciabatta bread for dipping.
- Enjoy and Chow now!
Prepared, tried, and tested by Joy
Thanks for stopping by
As always, if you make this recipe please leave me a comment, rate the recipe, and tag me @_esmesalon on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch, so please sign up for my newsletter to get delicious homemade tried and tested recipes delivered to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, & Twitter as I would love to connect with you there!
If you require a wonderfully tried and tested recipe book for yourself, or as a gift, please visit the shop and look at all those excellent Recipe eBooks.