The best appetizer ever: Daiya Vegan Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushroom Caps
Ingredients for the best ever Daiya Vegan Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushroom Caps
- 600 g small cremini mushrooms
- 227 g Chive and Onion Daiya cream spread
- 341 ml Asparagus tips
- 87 ml tin artichoke hearts
- 5 ml of lemon juice
- 5 ml fresh crushed garlic (or more to taste)
- 2.5 ml onion powder
- Panko breadcrumbs for topping (Panko is not gluten-free, but it is nearly always vegan)
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. Remove stems from mushrooms and wipe mushroom caps clean and dry
3. Place on a cooling rack in a baking cookie pan.
4. Drain the asparagus and artichoke from all excess fluid. Ensure that no liquid is trapped inside of the artichoke hearts. It is best to give it a slice squeeze to get rid of the liquid.
5. Place on a chopping board and slice it into slivers or smaller chunks.
6. Mix all the other ingredients together and then gently fold in the artichoke and asparagus mixture
7. Scoop a teaspoon or so of this mixture and fill the caps. You should heap it up, do not skimp on the mixture, as you will have plenty and some left.
8. Pour Panko crumbs in a small container
9. Take the cap with filling and turn it upside down press it down lightly to ensure that the filling is covered with crumbs.
10. Return it back on the wire rack
11. Place it in the oven for 15-18 minutes
12. If you prefer, feel free to broil it slightly for a few minutes
13. Do not overcook it. I prefer the mushroom still to be solid (it should NOT be soggy.
14. Serve as a tasty vegan appetizer.
To enjoy this gluten-free – omit the Panko breadcrumbs or make your own Gluten-free breadcrumbs as follows:
Perhaps the best gluten-free bread crumb substitute is using gluten-free bread. We can all agree that gluten-free bread is on the dry side, but for breadcrumbs that will come in handy. Toast enough GF bread slices, let it cool down and then blend it in a blender or food processor to resemble coarse breadcrumbs.
On the hunt for more appetizers
, vegan and non-vegan versions.
I, Esme Slabber
t, am the author and creator of this site, EsmeSalon. It is unlawful to re-use any content from this blog, without my written permission. Please contact me
should you wish to discuss it further.
My goal is to provide the best homemade recipes that are healthy for all families to enjoy. I also endeavor to showcase and share other bloggers and promote them on my Blog.
You will also find Resources and Courses and Services for Bloggers
which I promote from time to time.