The best appetizer ever: Daiya Vegan Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushroom Caps. A quick, easy, vegan, gluten-free, and delicious treat.
Ingredients for the best ever Daiya Vegan Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushroom Caps
- 600 g small cremini mushrooms
- 227 g Chive and Onion Daiya cream spread
- 341 ml Asparagus tips
- 87 ml tin artichoke hearts
- 5 ml of lemon juice
- 5 ml fresh crushed garlic (or more to taste)
- 2.5 ml onion powder
- Panko breadcrumbs for topping (Panko is not gluten-free, but it is nearly always vegan)
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and wipe mushroom caps clean and dry
- Place on a cooling rack in a baking cookie pan.
- Drain the asparagus and artichoke from all excess fluid. Ensure that no liquid is trapped inside the artichoke hearts. It is best to give it a slice squeeze to get rid of the liquid.
- Place it on a chopping board and slice it into slivers or smaller chunks.
- Mix all the other ingredients together and then gently fold in the artichoke and asparagus mixture
- Scoop a teaspoon or so of this mixture and fill the caps. You should heap it up, do not skimp on the mixture, as you will have plenty and some left.
- Pour Panko crumbs into a small container
- Take the cap with the filling and turn it upside down press it down lightly to ensure that the filling is covered with crumbs.
- Return it back to the wire rack
- Place it in the oven for 15-18 minutes
- If you prefer, feel free to broil it slightly for a few minutes
- Do not overcook it. I prefer the mushroom still to be solid (it should NOT be soggy.
- Serve as a tasty vegan appetizer.
More appetizers, vegan and non-vegan versions
Perhaps the best gluten-free bread crumb substitute is using gluten-free bread. We can all agree that gluten-free bread is on the dry side, but for breadcrumbs that will come in handy. Toast enough GF bread slices, let them cool down, and then blend them in a blender or food processor to resemble coarse breadcrumbs.
Prepared by Esme Slabs
Thanks a bunch for swinging by!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I will be on the lookout for your amazing recreations, and I just can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
Let’s not lose touch – sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll deliver scrumptious, foolproof recipes directly to your inbox. And hey, why not join the party on Pinterest, Instagram, and Threads? I’d love to connect with you there and share our foodie adventures!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!
We happily share our awesome recipes and are excited to sprinkle some love by sharing our posts at these awesome Linkup Parties.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.