The best appetizer ever: Daiya Vegan Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushroom Caps. Quick, easy, vegan, gluten-free, and delicious treat.
Ingredients for the best ever Daiya Vegan Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushroom Caps
- 600 g small cremini mushrooms
- 227 g Chive and Onion Daiya cream spread
- 341 ml Asparagus tips
- 87 ml tin artichoke hearts
- 5 ml of lemon juice
- 5 ml fresh crushed garlic (or more to taste)
- 2.5 ml onion powder
- Panko breadcrumbs for topping (Panko is not gluten-free, but it is nearly always vegan)
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and wipe mushroom caps clean and dry
- Place on a cooling rack in a baking cookie pan.
- Drain the asparagus and artichoke from all excess fluid. Ensure that no liquid is trapped inside the artichoke hearts. It is best to give it a slice squeeze to get rid of the liquid.
- Place it on a chopping board and slice it into slivers or smaller chunks.
- Mix all the other ingredients together and then gently fold in the artichoke and asparagus mixture
- Scoop a teaspoon or so of this mixture and fill the caps. You should heap it up, do not skimp on the mixture, as you will have plenty and some left.
- Pour Panko crumbs into a small container
- Take the cap with the filling and turn it upside down press it down lightly to ensure that the filling is covered with crumbs.
- Return it back to the wire rack
- Place it in the oven for 15-18 minutes
- If you prefer, feel free to broil it slightly for a few minutes
- Do not overcook it. I prefer the mushroom still to be solid (it should NOT be soggy.
- Serve as a tasty vegan appetizer.
More appetizers, vegan and non-vegan versions
Perhaps the best gluten-free bread crumb substitute is using gluten-free bread. We can all agree that gluten-free bread is on the dry side, but for breadcrumbs that will come in handy. Toast enough GF bread slices, let them cool down, and then blend them in a blender or food processor to resemble coarse breadcrumbs.
Prepared by Esme Slabs
Thanks for stopping by
As always, if you make this recipe please leave me a comment, rate the recipe, and tag me @_esmesalon on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch, so please sign up for my newsletter to get delicious homemade tried and tested recipes delivered fresh to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, & Twitter as I would love to connect with you there!
If you’re in need of a wonderfully tried and tested recipe book for yourself, or as a gift, please do visit the shop and have a look at all those awesome Recipe eBooks.
Amazon: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases from the United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom.
If you from time to time do online shopping through Amazon, I will be grateful for your support using any of my links. Please take a look at any of the recipes on this blog. Either use a regular link or an image with the Buy from Amazon purple button. Thank you for your support and for using my links.