Have you ever tried and made Delectable Date Balls with Biscuits and Coconut for your family? Once you make this, they will be hooked and keep asking
- 250 g butter
- 500g finely chopped deseeded date (without stones)
- 1 packet Blue Label Bakers Marie biscuits or tennis biscuits
- For our American friends: Use plain biscuits like Arrowroot or any plain tea biscuits
- 250 ml fine coconut
- 1 beaten egg
- Nuts (optional)
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat.
- Add dates and simmer until the entire mixture is soft.
- It takes a good 20-30 minutes, even with constant stirring and mushing!
- Remove from heat.
- Temper the egg into the mixture and cook together for another few minutes
- Break the biscuits into small pieces. The easiest way would be to use a rolling pin.
- Add the date mixture to the biscuits and mix to combine.
- Refrigerate and allow to cool. You can place it in the fridge to speed up this process
- Roll mixture into ping pong-sized balls and coat in unsweetened coconut.
Prepared, tried, and tested Feriel Sonday
As always, we do have more Date Ball recipes on the blog.
Thanks a bunch for swinging by!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I will be on the lookout for your amazing recreations, and I just can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
Let’s not lose touch – sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll deliver scrumptious, foolproof recipes directly to your inbox. And hey, why not join the party on Pinterest, Instagram, and Threads? I’d love to connect with you there and share our foodie adventures!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!
We happily share our awesome recipes and are excited to sprinkle some love by sharing our posts at these awesome Linkup Parties.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.