Have you ever tried and made Delectable Date Balls with Biscuits and Coconut for your family? Once you made this, they will be hooked and keep asking
- 250 g butter
- 500g finely chopped deseeded date (without stones)
- 1 packet Blue Label Bakers Marie biscuits or tennis biscuits
- For our American friends: Use plain biscuits like Arrowroot or any plain tea biscuits
- 250 ml fine coconut
- 1 beaten egg
- Nuts (optional)
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat.
- Add dates and simmer until the entire mixture is soft.
- It takes a good 20-30 minutes, even with constant stirring and mushing!
- Remove from heat.
- Temper the egg into the mixture and cook together for another few minutes
- Break the biscuits into small pieces. The easiest way would be to use a rolling pin.
- Add the date mixture to the biscuits and mix to combine.
- Refrigerate and allow to cool. You can place it in the fridge to speed up this process
- Roll mixture into ping pong-sized balls and coat in unsweetened coconut.
Prepared, tried, and tested Feriel Sonday
As always, we do have more Date Ball recipes on the blog.
Thanks for stopping by
As always, if you make this recipe please leave me a comment, rate the recipe, and tag me @_esmesalon on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch, so please sign up for my newsletter to get delicious homemade tried and tested recipes delivered to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, & Twitter as I would love to connect with you there!
If you require a wonderfully tried and tested recipe book for yourself, or as a gift, please visit the shop and look at all those excellent Recipe eBooks.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.