Home-Made Tried and Tested Delicious Chocolate Eclairs with Hazelnuts
According to some cookbooks, a chef by the name of Pantarelli or Pantanelli invented the dough in 1540, seven years after he left Florence with Catherine de’ Medici and her court. He used the dough to make a gâteau and named it pâte à Pantanelli. Over time, the recipe of the dough evolved, and the name changed to pâte à popelin, which was used to make popelins, small cakes made in the shape of a woman’s breasts. Then, Avice, a pâtissier in the eighteenth century, created what was then called choux buns. The name of the dough changed to pâte à choux, as Avice’s buns resembled cabbages—choux in French
From there, Antoine Carême made modifications to the recipe, resulting in the recipe most commonly used now for profiteroles
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup oil
- 1 cup of cake flour
- 3 eggs
- Drop vanilla essence
- Allow water, oil & vanilla essence to boil in a saucepan.
- Remove from heat add the cake flour and mix.
- Carry on mixing over very low heat until a paste forms a ball and the sides of the saucepan are clean.
- Place the ball in a mixing bowl and allow it to cool.
- Once cool beat in the eggs one at a time, blending well after each addition.
- Pipe or spoon the mixture onto a greased baking tray and bake in a preheated oven at 180 c for 45 minutes. (Thermofan 200C for minutes lower temp to 180C and bake for 12 mins)
- Add Nutella or caramel treat to whipped fresh cream
- Add melted choc and sprinkle chopped Hazelnuts over it.
Another Strawberry idea: Cut the eclair open in half, pipe fresh cream or custard in the bottom part of the eclair put another part on top, and pipe with fresh cream and fresh fruit, and drizzle melted chocolate over Strawberries.
Created, Home-made tried and Tested and Prepared, tried and tested by Feriel
Sure enough, we have a bunch of different and moreish Eclair recipes available.
Thank you for visiting and checking out this recipe
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I will be looking for your amazing recreations, and I can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!
We happily share our awesome recipes and are excited to sprinkle some love by sharing our posts at these awesome Linkup Parties.
Copyright © 2024 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.