An Easy and Flavorful Chicken Fajitas perfect for a quick weeknight meal
A fajita, in Tex-Mex cuisine, is any stripped grilled meat with stripped peppers and onions that are usually served on flour or corn tortilla. The term originally referred to skirt steak, the cut of beef first used in the dish.
We have lots and lots of wonderful, tasty, and healthy salad recipes you should try out.
Easy and Flavorful Chicken Fajitas
Cinco de Mayo-inspired dinner last night was a chicken fajita salad. Since we can’t physically travel why not do it through food to Mexico.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 generous portions 1x
- Category: Everyday Cooking
- Cuisine: Mexico
- 3–4 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Large Red Onion
- Mixed Bell Peppers
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tablespoon Avocado Oil
- 1 Avocado (chopped)
- 2–3 Limes (extra for serving)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Head Lettuce
- Extra Olive Oil (to sauté)
- Chopped Coriander/Cilantro (garnish)
- 1 Lime (juiced)
- Extra lime juice to finish
- Slice onion and peppers into strips and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine oil, juice of a lime, garlic, cumin, smoked paprika, and all other spices.
- Cut the chicken into strips and toss in the spice mixture.
- Heat oil in a heavy-based pan, cook meat in batches then set aside.
- Sauté the onion and peppers for about 3-4 minutes.
- Assemble the salad then squeeze lime juice over.
- Garnish and enjoy!!
Prepared, tried, and tested Rochelle from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 418
- Sugar: 6
- Sodium: 184
- Fat: 20
- Saturated Fat: 3
- Unsaturated Fat: 15
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 24
- Fiber: 10
- Protein: 42
- Cholesterol: 102
Keywords: Chicken Fajitas
Thanks a bunch for swinging by!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I’m on the lookout for your amazing recreations, and I just can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
Let’s not lose touch – sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll deliver scrumptious, foolproof recipes right to your inbox. And hey, why not join the party on Pinterest, Instagram, and Threads? I’d love to connect with you there and share our foodie adventures!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast your eyes on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!