A delicious and Easy Chicken Vegetable Curry with a nice bite to it from the chili and masala mix together with delicious potatoes and green beans
- 1 1/2 whole chickens cut into portions – wash and trim
- 2 large diced onions
- 2 tbsp olive or veg oil
- 2 tbsp garlic and ginger paste
- 2 chopped green chillis
- 2 tsp chili flakes
- 3 tsp Mother-in-Law masala
- 3 tsp turmeric
- 3 tsp of leave masala
- Salt to taste
- 3 tomatoes skinned and chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 4 large carrots peeled and sliced
- 5 potatoes quartered
- 1 small punnet green beans washed and trimmed
- Garnish with Dhanya/coriander
- In your saucepan add oil and sauté your onion, add garlic and ginger paste, chopped chillis, and your spices and cook for 3 mins until onions are tender.
- Add chicken pieces and continue cooking until lightly browned.
- Add salt seasoning.
- Add diced tomatoes and tomato purée and cook slowly for 10 mins.
- Add your vegetables and cook a further 40 mins slowly until veg are soft.
- Add a bit of boiling water occasionally as the curry cooks.
- Don’t let it cook dry.
- Garnish with freshly chopped Dhanya/coriander. Serve with roti/basmati rice and sambals
Roti courtesy of Faye
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1tbls oil
- 2tbls butter or ghee
- 1/2tsp salt
- 1 cup boiling water.
- Mix together and knead into a dough. Roll out into a big roti and sprinkle lightly with flour.
- Roll up into a swiss roll and cut into 8 pieces.
- Form each into a ball.
- Roll out and fry turning over a few times until nicely speckled.
- Repeat until all have been rolled and fried. I coated the roti with melted butter and fresh garlic.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Gail Haselsteiner