An Easy Home-Made Kosher Burgers really is quick to prepare, but it is all about the meat, so please get the best you can find!!
Kosher foods are those foods that conform to the Jewish dietary regulations of kashrut, the Jewish dietary law is primarily derived from Leviticus 11 and Deuteronomy 14:1-21.
- 600g ground beef (I use lean Kosher)
- Coarse salt
- Ground black pepper
- Meat/barbecue spice or any other spice you wish
- Mix all the above ingredients together.
- DO NOT HANDLE TOO MUCH AS THE MEAT MUST REMAIN COLD.
- Divide into equal portions
- Roll into balls and flatten to your desired thickness
- Before putting it onto barbecue/braai, indent the center with your thumb.
- Put on a very hot barbecue hot flame and cook for 6 minutes on each side. Don’t keep turning
- Serve with a nice bun or as I did with Cous Cous and salad or whatever you wish.
In need of other Kosher dishes? Do not worry, we have some more for you to enjoy!
You may find the JEWISH/YIDDISH FOOD TERMINOLOGY LIST of interest.
Prepared, tried, and tested Hannah Frank Witt