As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Place the chicken in the slow cooker, and off you go. When you return, you will have the most delicious and moreish Easy Slow Cook Chicken dish
Place the chicken in the slow cooker, and off you go. When you return, you will have the most delicious and moreish dish ever.
- 6 chicken legs, trim extra bits of skin
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 stock cube (I like to use Telma)
- 5ml turmeric
- 5ml cumin
- 5ml paprika
- 10ml medium curry powder
- 10ml salt
- 1 bird eye chili, whole
- 2/3 can coconut milk
- Place the rice into the dry slow cooker and add all the dry ingredients, crumbling the stock cube and mixing all together.
- Add the water and give it all a stir.
- Place chicken on top of the rice.
- Close the pot and turn onto the AUTO setting.
- After 2 hours, quickly turn the chicken, and replace the lid.
- After 3 hours, again quickly, remove the chicken, stir the rice, taste test, and replace the chicken and lid.
- From this time you are able to decide how much cooking time is still needed.
- When cooked through, add 2/3 of a can of coconut milk and stir through.
- Turn off the cooker and cover well with a towel or two to keep hot until ready to serve.
- This is so deliciously creamy.
Prepared by Dee