Best Ever Raisin Bread – a must-try!
- 500g Self-raising Flour
- 500 ml (2 cups) cake flour
- 20 ml baking powder
- 20 ml whole aniseed
- 250 ml of sugar
- 450 ml hot water
- 450 ml of milk
- 250 ml Raisins
- 60 ml of oil
- 4 eggs
Method to prepare and then Eat the Best Ever Raisin Bread
- Dissolve sugar in boiling water and set it aside. Add raisins to it.
- Sieve flour and baking powder.
- Add whole aniseed.
- Beat eggs well and add to water. Add milk too.
- Mix well to dry ingredients with a spoon.
- Add the oil to the mixture and stir well.
- Smear 2 baking loaf tins with butter and dust with flour.
- Bake in a preheated oven of 180°C for 35 to 40 minutes or until the cake skewer tester comes out dry.
Glaze with sugar and water once done baking.
Sugar glaze for the Best Ever Raisin Bread
- Dissolve 100 ml of sugar in 50 ml of boiling water. Use a brush to glaze over loaves.
- Enjoy it with butter and grated cheese.
This is for sure the best-ever raisin Bread out there! It smells WONDERFUL while baking and I am sure once you try it, you will have to make some pretty soon again, as the first one will disappear in no time and everyone will ask for more. So be sure to make enough for everyone in the household and some more!
Prepared, tried, and tested Feriel Sonday
Do you want to try a Yeast Raisin Bread perhaps?
Thanks a bunch for swinging by!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I will be on the lookout for your amazing recreations, and I just can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
Let’s not lose touch – sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll deliver scrumptious, foolproof recipes directly to your inbox. And hey, why not join the party on Pinterest, Instagram, and Threads? I’d love to connect with you there and share our foodie adventures!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!
We happily share our awesome recipes and are excited to sprinkle some love by sharing our posts at these awesome Linkup Parties.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.