As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Best Ever Raisin Bread
- 500g Self-raising Flour
- 500 ml (2 cups) cake flour
- 20 ml baking powder
- 20 ml whole aniseed
- 250 ml of sugar
- 450 ml hot water
- 450 ml of milk
- 250 ml Raisins
- 60 ml of oil
- 4 eggs
Method to prepare and then Eat the Best Ever Raisin Bread
- Dissolve sugar in boiling water and set it aside. Add raisins to it.
- Sieve flours and baking powder.
- Add whole aniseed.
- Beat eggs well and add to water. Add milk too.
- Mix well to dry ingredients with a spoon.
- Add the oil to the mixture and stir well.
- Smear 2 baking loaf tins with butter and dust with flour.
- Bake in a preheated oven of 180°C for 35 to 40 mins or until the cake skewer tester comes out dry.
Glaze with sugar and water once done baking.
Sugar glaze for the Best Ever Raisin Bread
- Dissolve 100 ml of sugar in 50 ml of boiling water. Use a brush to glaze over loaves.
- Enjoy it with butter and grated cheese.
This is for sure the Best Ever Raisin Bread out there! It smells WONDERFUL while baking and I am sure once you tried it, you will have to make some pretty soon again, as the first one will disappear in no time and everyone will ask for more. So be sure to make enough for everyone in the household and some more!
Prepared, tried, and tested Feriel Sonday
Do you want to try a Yeast Raisin Bread perhaps?