As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Eggless Banana Bread with Chocolate Icing is soft, moist & very easy to make in one bowl!
Banana bread is a type of bread made from mashed bananas. It is often a moist, sweet, cake-like quick bread; however, there are some banana bread recipes that are yeast-raised bread.
- 125g Rama margarine.
- ¾ cup brown treacle sugar.
- 3 ripe bananas.
- 1 tsp white vinegar.
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda.
- ¼ cup hot milk.
- 2 cups sifted self-raising flour.
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add mashed banana and mix well.
- Stir the bicarbonate of soda into the hot milk.
- The mixture will become frothy and double in volume.
- Add this to the banana mixture.
- Add vinegar, salt, and sifted self-raising flour.
- Mix until well combined.
- The batter will become thick.
- Pour the batter into a well-greased dish.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180C / 350F for 45 minutes, or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Once the cake is cool, ice with chocolate icing.
Method for chocolate icing
- Melt 100g of milk chocolate and add 1 x tbsp. of oil, mix well till the oil is combed.
- Pour over the top of the banana cake and evenly spread.
- I also melted 100g of white chocolate and then drizzled it over the top in lines.
Prepared by Bobby
2 thoughts on “Eggless Banana Bread with Chocolate Icing”
I love chocolate inside my banana bread, but had never had it with chocolate icing. This looks so yummy. Must try!
Let me know what you think of it Agatha ❤️