– 125g x rama margarine.
– ¾ x cup brown treacle sugar.
– 3 x ripe bananas.
– 1 x tsp white vinegar.
– 1 x tsp bicarbonate of soda.
– ¼ x cup hot milk.
– 2 x cups sifted self raising flour.
– Cream butter and sugar together.
– Add mashed banana and mix well.
– Stir the bicarbonate of soda into the hot milk.
– The mixture will become frothy and double in volume.
– Add this to the banana mixture.
– Add vinegar, salt and sifted self raising flour.
– Mix until well combined.
– The batter will become thick.
– Pour the batter into a well greased dish.
– Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degreese for 45 minutes, or until the tooth pick comes out clean.
– Once the cake is cool, ice with chocolate icing.
Method for chocolate icing:
Melt 100g of milk chocolate and add 1 x tbsp. of oil, mix well till the oil is combed. Pour over the top of the banana cake and evenly spread. I also melted 100g of white chocolate and then drizzled it over the top in lines.
Prepared, tried and tested by: Bobby Swanson