This Eggless Carrot Cake is incredibly moist and tender! Why not give it a try and see for yourself.
This makes one round cake, so I repeated the recipe again to make a double-layer cake.
- 1 ¼ cup cake flour.
- 1 cup plain yoghurt.
- 1 cup grated carrots.
- 2 tbsp + ¼ cup cooking oil.
- 1 tsp baking powder.
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda.
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder.
- ½ tsp mixed spice.
- 1tsp vanilla essence.
- Pinch of salt.
- 1 cup castor sugar.
- ½ chopped pecan nuts.
- In a bowl, sift together the cake flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt, cinnamon powder and mixed spice.
- Mix well and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the yoghurt, oil, vanilla essence and sugar, till all the sugar has been dissolved.
- Add the flour mixture a little bit at a time into the yoghurt mixture.
- Mix well, ensuring that there are no lumps.
- Fold in the grated carrots and the nuts.
- Pour into a greased 20cm round baking tin.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180C degrees for 20 – 25 minutes or until the cake tester comes out clean.
- Allow cooling for 10 minutes in the pan before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Ingredients for the icing:
- 100g icing sugar.
- 250g plain cream cheese.
- 100g margarine.
- 1 tsp vanilla essence.
- To make the frosting, blend everything together till well combined.
- Sandwich the two layers of cake together and using the remaining icing, ice the entire cake and decorate with nuts.
- Pop into the fridge to set for 30 minutes and serve.
Prepared, tested by Bobby