- 1 x can (330ml) sprite
- 1 x 250ml fresh cream
- 1 x cup grated cheese
- 5 x cups self raising flour
– Add all the ingredients into a bowl.
– Using a knife mix well till it forms a dough.
– Turn out onto a floured surface and knead for 2 minutes.
– Using a cookie cutter or a cup cut out round pieces and place on a baking tray.
– Bake in a preheated oven @ 200 degrees for 10 – 20 minutes or till the tops become a little bit golden, all depends on your oven.
– Once baked, let it cool before cutting it open and enjoy with fresh cream, and jam.
It the same as my other scone recipe the difference is that I added cheese, but you can add anything you like. For example cranberries, cherries, dried fruit and nuts.
Prepared, tried and tested by:Bobby Swanson