– 2 x cups cake flour.
– 1 x cup castor sugar.
– 1 x tsp bicarbonate of soda.
– 1 x tsp vanilla essence.
– ½ x cup oil.
– ¼ x tsp salt.
– 1 x cup tap water.
– 1 x tbsp. white wine vinegar.
– In a bowl, mix the castor sugar, the white, vinegar and vanilla essence, till all the castor sugar has been dissolved.
– Set this bowl aside for now.
– In another bowl, sift the cake flour and bicarbonate of soda and salt together.
– Pour the water mixture into the flour mixture and mix everything till it is all well combined.
– Fill the cup cake holders ¾ of the way and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees till the cake tester comes out clean…which is roughly 25 minutes.
– Once cool ice with butter cream icing.
Recipe for butter cream icing:
– 1 x cup icing sugar.
– 125g x softened margarine.
– Whisk everything together till the mixture becomes a nice and stiff one.
– Add to a pipping bag and pipe to your hearts content.
Prepared, tried and tested by: Bobby Swanson