Cloud 9 Christmas GF Sugar Biscuits.
The traditional and delicious sugar biscuit recipe is now converted to be gluten-free.
- 500 g REAL unsalted butter
- 500 g berry sugar (superfine sugar)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- 2 X-large eggs
- 1kg GF cup for cup Cloud 9 All-purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
We would love you to come and join us at The Recipe Hunter (Cook & Enjoy) Facebook group and share your own homemade recipes.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a stand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract and one egg at a time and mix well.
- Add salt and baking powder.
- Slowly add the flour and mix to form a ball of dough.
- Wrap in cling wrap and leave in the fridge overnight.
- Take it out the next morning and let it sit on the counter for the rest of the day (I only baked it the following evening).
- This is a very solid and stiff dough, do not worry. you did nothing wrong.
- When ready, cut the ball of dough into 1″ thick slices and roll out on a lightly floured surface. with a rolling pin and cut into petty shapes and decorate.
- I painted each biscuit with egg wash (1 egg mixed with a little milk) and then added M&M’s as decoration (colorful), but use your own imagination and have fun with the decoration.
- Bake at 180C (375F) until golden brown for ±12 minutes.
- Let them cool slightly before removing them from the baking tray.
- Leave on a cooling rack until completely cold and store in an airtight container.
Recipe Credit for these Cloud 9 Christmas GF Sugar Biscuits: Faye Abrahams
Prepared, tried, and tested Esme Slabs
Gluten-Free Christmas Cookies and all other types can all be found on the blog.