Falafel is a deep-fried ball, doughnut, or patty made from ground chickpeas, fava beans, or both.
Falafel is a traditional Middle Eastern food, that most likely originated in Egypt.
I opted to chop it into cubes, add chopped tomatoes, chopped cucumber, and chopped spring onions, mixed together with mayonnaise, fill the pita to make it extra special, and top with chopped chives.
- 2 tins chickpeas, drained.
- 1 onion, finely chopped.
- ¼ cup parsley.
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled.
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice.
- 2 tsp cumin powder.
- 1 tsp salt.
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp red chili flakes.
- 1 cup breadcrumbs.
- Add all the ingredients, except the breadcrumbs to the bowl of your food processor.
- Pulse, until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Pour into a bowl, add the breadcrumbs, and mix until well combined.
- Smooth and pat down into the bowl.
- Cling wrap and pop into the fridge for 2-3 hours.
- Using an ice cream scoop, create balls.
- Heat some oil in a pan add a couple of balls at a time and allow to fry until golden brown.
Prepared, tried, and tested Bobby Swanson
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.