This classic and favorite apple tart is a Family favorite and is used on a regular basis. Do try it out, I am sure you will also love it.
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tin unsweetened pie apples
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbls butter
- 1 tsp baking powder (heaped spoon)
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
Some more Recipes you should check out
- Preheat the oven to 160°C
- Beat eggs thoroughly
- Slowly add sugar – beat together until light
- Melt butter in milk
- Sift flour, salt, and baking powder together
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture
- Add the butter mixture
- Pour mixture into a greased dish
- Top with apple pieces
- Bake for 45 – 50 minutes at 160°C.
- Bring sauce ingredients to the boil and boil for 10 minutes
- Pour the sauce over the apple tart as soon as it comes out of the oven
- Serve with fresh cream or ice cream.,
Source: An old family recipe from our family cookbook: Heidebrink se heerlikste
Prepared, tried, and tested by René
Thanks for stopping by
As always, if you make this recipe please leave me a comment, rate the recipe, and tag me @_esmesalon on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch, so please sign up for my newsletter to get delicious homemade tried and tested recipes delivered to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, & Twitter as I would love to connect with you there!
If you require a wonderfully tried and tested recipe book for yourself, or as a gift, please visit the shop and look at all those excellent Recipe eBooks.