As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I must confess, this is one of the easiest recipes I’ve ever created but you should try this Fish and ham pie with buttermilk crust
But it was a huge hit in our home nonetheless.
- I simply cut up about 6 – 8 Blue Cod fillets,
- and about 6 thick slices of ham.
- To that, I added a cup of mayonnaise,
- a generous dash of lemon juice,
- and 2 eggs,
- and seasoned it with salt, pepper, and dill.
- I sauteed a large onion in a bit of soy sauce and mixed that in too.
- All that went into the casserole dish, topped with sliced tomatoes.
- And then the cheat:
- I mixed up two cups of buttermilk pancake mix as per package directions (which means all I did was mix in 1 1/3 cups of water!) and then spread that over the top.
- OK, that’s not entirely true: I added a liberal dash of salt to the pancake mix because I was afraid it would be too sweet.
- I sprinkled a bit of seasoning salt and dill over the top just to feel like I made an effort and then baked the whole shebang at 350°F until it browned.
- It was fantastic served simply with a little salad on the side.
Prepared, tried, and tested by: Corlea Smit