Are you craving something different for dinner? Why not try our Five Spice Rubbed Duck Breast with Duck Fat Roast Potatoes? It’s a delicious and unique blend of flavors that will awaken your taste buds. Prepared with love, this dish is a tantalizing treat for all the foodies out there.
Five Spice Rubbed Duck Breast with Duck Fat Roast Potatoes
Indulge your taste buds with our delectable Five Spice Rubbed Duck Breast paired with scrumptious Duck Fat Roast Potatoes. This savory dish is the perfect blend of flavors that will leave you craving more!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings depending on size 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Easy
- 4 Duck Breasts
- Chinese Five Spice to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Duck Fat
- Potatoes (quartered)
- 5 cups Water
- 1 cup Polenta
- 50g Grated Parmesan
- 50g Butter
- Salt to taste
- 100ml Cream
- 200g Blackberry Jam
- 100ml Red Wine
- Score the duck breast, season with salt & pepper then rub generously with Chinese Five Spice.
- Heat a dry cast iron pan.
- Once hot, place the breast skin side down and allow it to cook till crispy.
- Turn over and allow the flesh to cook. I cooked the breast to my liking which was medium (58-60 degrees).
- Remove from pan and set aside to rest.
- Slice & enjoy!!
- Peel, quarter then par-boil the potatoes in salted water.
- Drain, heat up duck fat, place potatoes in, and cook till crispy on all sides.
- Remove from fat and season.
- Bring water to a boil, add in polenta, and stir until fully cooked.
- Remove from heat and stir in salt, butter, cream, and parmesan.
- Spoon the jam into a saucepan, heat gently on a low flame, add in the wine, and cook till it thickens.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Rochelle from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 1 Duck Breast
- Calories: 691
- Sugar: 27.4 g
- Sodium: 921 mg
- Fat: 22.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 92.8 g
- Fiber: 7.9 g
- Protein: 25.9 g
- Cholesterol: 106.4 mg
Keywords: Chinese Five Spice; Duck Breast; Duck Fat Roast Potatoes
Another Delicious Confit Duck Leg recipe to try out!
We joined and shared this post with Homestead Blog Hop 470
Thanks a bunch for swinging by!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I will be on the lookout for your amazing recreations, and I just can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
Let’s not lose touch – sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll deliver scrumptious, foolproof recipes directly to your inbox. And hey, why not join the party on Pinterest, Instagram, and Threads? I’d love to connect with you there and share our foodie adventures!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!
We happily share our awesome recipes and are excited to sprinkle some love by sharing our posts at these awesome Linkup Parties.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.