As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Taste the Fruity & Crunchy Magic! Fruity Granola Snack Bars: A Delicious Treat! A bar with a bit of a candy cane topping to get you in the mood for the upcoming Festive Season and to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Fruity Granola Snack Bars
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 30 servings depending on size 1x
- Category: Cake, Cupcakes, Cookies and Tarts
- Method: Easy
Try Candy Cane Fruity Granola Snack Bars today for a delicious and something different style of snack!
- 6 cups Granola Harvest Crunch Cereal
- 1 cup yellow sultanas
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 cups of mixed nuts, pecan, cashews, almond slivers, and pistachios – use whatever you have or like.
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter = 160g
- 1 cup demerara brown sugar (or golden yellow sugar) = 200g. In fact, I used both as I did not have enough of one, so I combined them.
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Essence
- 1 cup crushed candy cane pieces
- In a mixing bowl, add cereal, raisins, cranberries, and nuts.
- You can chop the nuts, if not already in small pieces.
- In a saucepan add butter, sugar, honey, and vanilla essence.
- Melt and stir thoroughly, and cook till shiny and have a good stickiness to it.
- Add the syrup mixture to the dry mixture and combine together until nice and sticky.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and add the mixture.
- Even it out and press it down with a wooden spoon.
- Sprinkle the candy cane over the mixture and if required, use an extra piece of parchment paper to shape and compact everything.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes, or till nicely sticky and toffee-like. Leave to cool.
- Remove from the baking tray and slice into bars.
- If you prefer, you can melt some chocolate and drizzle it over the bars when cold.
- Leave the chocolate to harden on the bars
- As I used the candy cane, I will not add the chocolate as well.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Esme Slabs and Corlea Smit from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 1 block
- Calories: 290
- Sugar: 23.9 g
- Sodium: 10.4 mg
- Fat: 14.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 36.3 g
- Fiber: 3.1 g
- Protein: 5.3 g
- Cholesterol: 10.9 mg
Keywords: Granola, Snack Bars
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.