Here is a way to make a fancy and pretty cookie for dessert at your next party🙂 🙂
125 g butter or margarine, softened
250 ml (130 g) icing sugar, sifted
4 extra-large egg whites
250 ml (140 g) Snowflake cake wheat flour
60 ml (30 g) Snowflake custard powder
30 ml sugar
500 ml fresh orange juice
10 ml grated orange rind
200 ml fresh cream
fresh berries, chopped mint and lemon zest for garnishing
1. Tuiles: Cream butter and icing sugar together. Add egg whites, one at a time, beating well after each addition until light and creamy.
2. Sift flour and add, mixing until just combined. Do not over-mix. Refrigerate for about 1 hour.
3. Filling: Combine custard powder, sugar, and a little orange juice and mix to a smooth paste. Bring remaining orange juice to the boil in a small, heavy-based saucepan. Add custard mixture, whisking constantly, and cook until mixture is thick and smooth. Remove from heat and add rind. Leave to cool completely.
4. Spoon heaped teaspoonsful of tuile mixture onto a greased baking tray. Spread until about 10 cm in diameter. Leave enough space for spreading.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 5-7 minutes. Working very quickly and carefully, remove from baking tray immediately and place over the bases of small glasses or ramekins and press lightly to mold into a little basket. Leave to cool slightly. Place onto wire racks to cool completely. Continue to bake in batches.
6. Whip cream until stiff peak stage and fold into orange filling. Spoon filling into tuile baskets and garnish with berries, mint and lemon zest.
Prepared, tried and tested Gail Haselsteiner
Please check out, join, comment, participate and follow
The Recipe Hunter (Cook & Enjoy) @ Twitter ; Facebook ; Pinterest ; Instagram ; Flipboard ; Blog ; StumbleUpon